Thursday, June 26, 2014

Something New Challenge

The Challenge at DRS Designs' this week is to use something new on your card. I just got the Spellbinder Flutter Tree die so that's what's new on my card.


I started by stamping the easy grass background stamp in memento Bamboo Leaves, then sponging some of the same green ink as well as TH Antique Linen ink to fill in the ground area. Some cloud masks were added before sponging Bashful Blue ink in for the sky. The tree was die cut out of kraft CS, the butterflies were cut from So Saffron, Bashful Blue and purple CS. They were attached with glue and then I used my Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen to add some glitter to the butterflies. The banner was die cut after stamping the Birthday Wishes in Memento Black ink. A purple butterfly was added to the left side of the banner.

 This was not a difficult card to create, but it was a bit more time consuming than I expected. It took me quite a while to die cut and glue all the butterflies onto the card. I do like the result. I think it's worth the time it took!

If you have time, we'd love to have you join in the fun. Show us what you have new!!

blessings,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. Great card and a very special way say happy birthday. You did a fine job considering the number of butterflies. Nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo love the tree. Reminds me of Olivia's first nursery!

    ReplyDelete