Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cupcake Inspirations 300th Celebration

 




Cupcake Inspirations is having an extra special celebration this week for their 300th!! DRS Designs is one of their sponsors this week, so I thought I'd create a card in honor of this special time. The cupcake inspiration for today comes from this photo.

 

I took the inspiration quite literally. Here's my card.


I started by stamping the cupcake with my Memento black marker inking everything but the cherry on top of the cupcake. I also used the marker to draw in the back edge of the frosting. After coloring the cupcake with Copics, I stamped one candle from the Birthday candle burst with memento Black ink on white CS, colored it with Copics and fussy cut it out. I stamped the fireworks portion of the Freedom cannon with Colorbox Silver ink and embossed it with silver EP, then I added the candle that was fussy cut. After die cutting the white panel, I used the black marker to outline while still in the die. Some silver and green sequins were added randomly. The light green panel was embossed with a CB folder and the green strip was punched with a cupcake border and some baker's twine added. The main image panel was added with pop dots for some dimension.

You can see details about this challenge here. It looks like it will be a lot of fun with lots of cool prizes.

Thanks for stopping by,

shelia

5 comments:

  1. Great birthday card!! The sequins and your layer is great.
    Thank you for joining us this week for our 300th Challenge Celebration.
    Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! That silver ink is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun for the Cupcakes Inspirations 300th Challenge Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy-licious. Thank you for sharing with 300th Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Shelia! I love how you replaced the cherry with a candle :) So creative and perfect for the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations for our 300th Challenge Celebration. :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete