Monday, October 3, 2016

the beauty of Autumn

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. We had tons of rain here in NW Ohio, so it was a great weekend to stay indoors and get crafty!! I got quite a bit accomplished.

My card today goes along with this week's challenge:  Autumn Wonders.


Last weekend I went to a "garage sale" at a little stamp shop close by and purchased this tree die. It came with a separate die for cutting the tiny leaves. I really had no idea how many tiny leaves it cut and how long it would take to glue them all down! But I do like the look.  I started with white CS, used a paper cutter to cut the blue and green CS for the sky and grass. Once that was glued onto the white card base, I die cut the brown frame using SB nesties and the barren tree using the Memory Box die. Next I die cut a bunch of leaves in yellow and orange and set them aside. The pumpkins were stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. They are attached to the frame with foam dots. The banner was die cut, stamped with the Autumn Greetings sentiment, sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink before attaching it to the card. Last, I glued the tree onto the CS and then glued the leaves one at a time, randomly placing them on the tree and falling to the ground.

There's still time to join in the fun and share with us your cards showing Autumn Wonders!  You could be the winner of a 40% off coupon. Now that's a great prize!

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment