Monday, July 2, 2018

Challenges

I have discovered a couple of new to me sites that have challenges. I like to do these since they challenge me to try new sketches, color schemes, etc. Today I have two birthday cards to share. The first one is for Paper Players. It's a Celebration Theme Challenge in honor of their 400th challenge. Why have I not seen this site before????  Anyway, here's my card.


I started with the black panel, die cut the peek a boo window using a MFT die, stamped and embossed the birthday greeting from DRS Designs. The balloons were die cut using a SB die and attached to the panel to look like they are floating. The background behind the balloons was created using TH distress oxides inks and splattering a little bit of water. Everything is attached to a white card base.



This card was created for the Sketch Saturday Week #520 Challenge. You can use any sketch between #215 and 519. I chose sketch #332. Here's a look at the sketch.


I used a speech bubble instead of the banner and moved my focal image to the left. 

The MFT You're the Sweetest greeting  was stamped onto the white panel with TH Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade ink as well as with black ink onto the speech bubble. The MFT popsicle was stamped with the same distress ink, and die cut using the matching die. The sunglasses were created using a Taylored Expressions die. I added some clear Nuvo drops to the lenses. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Shelia... so love your CAS balloon card for our celebration! Thanks so much for joining us this week for The Paper Players' 400th challenge! (Hope to see you here again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! While I like them both ... that popsicle card is my favorite! Just darling! Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Sketch Saturday blog!
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love the pop of these bright colors on the black! Fabulous job using the inspiration photo too. So glad you joined in the 400 celebration at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete