Thursday, July 5, 2018

Joy!

We are having such unusually hot weather right now, I decided to create a cool snowflake card, hoping it'd cool me off. It didn't, but that's ok. Soon enough the heat will be gone and we'll be having usually cold weather. :-)

Here's my card.


I started with some watercolor paper and sponged on three different TH Distress Oxide inks added some water splashes and set it aside to dry. The word "Joy" was die cut using Spellbinders Small Die of the Month Kit from May 2017. The snowflakes are buttons that I purchased somewhere several years ago. I had exactly enough to do this layout, which is from this week's sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Here's the sketch:


Once the panel dried, I added it to a white card base. The snowflake buttons were added with some strong adhesive and then the word "Joy" was glued in place.

Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia





2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I do love snow, but even if I didn't, this is such a cute take on our sketch!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Christmas card. I love the ink blended background - beautiful night sky. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete