Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Birthday

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. My weekend was fairly busy, but I did find some time to get creative. I've been struggling lately with my mojo - it seems to have skipped town or something. My team mates at DRS Designs had some suggestions and they have helped. One suggestion was to try new techniques/backgrounds which is what I did for this card. The idea for this background came from Stamp TV. It's easy and I really like the look.

The two white panels were cut to size, taped together with removal adhesive, then stamped with the Bunch of Grapes image in Memento Black ink. While still taped together, I colored the images with my Copics, then layered the two panels on some black CS and attached them to the purple card base. The birthday sentiment was stamped with Memento Black ink on white CS, die cut and sponged with VersaColor lavender ink while still in the die. Some pale green rhinestones complete the look.


This week's challenge at DRS Designs is a color challenge - greens and purples. We'd love to have you join the fun. You can see details here. Thanks for stopping by today.

Until next time,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. Very creative. My parents used to have a grape arbor at the back door. Nostalgia revisited. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete