Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day here in the USA, a day we remember those who serve now and those who have fallen in service to our country. So my card today is in honor of those men and women.


I started by stamping a white panel with our easy grass background in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, then I sponged some of the Bamboo ink and TH Antique Linen ink around the grassy area. I punched some clouds with my Fiskars cloud punch, attached them to the top of the card with removal tape, sponged Bashful Blue ink in for the sky and then removed the punched clouds. The fence was created with a Memory Box die and glued onto the panel. The red, white and blue buntings were purchased at Hobby Lobby. As soon as I saw them at the store, I knew I wanted to use them with this fence die. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Black ink on white CS and cut apart. The USA was colored with Copics, fussy cut and attached to the white panel with pop dots. The remainder of the sentiment was cut into a banner, sponged with Real Red ink, then layered on a blue banner. The white panel is attached to a blue layer and then the red card base.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card Shelia. The grass image is so subtle with the beautiful stamping and inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a statement this card makes. It is simply stunning!!! I love the picket fence, the flags, the

    ReplyDelete