Thursday, September 25, 2014

Challenges

Happy Thursday Everyone. Here in Ohio we are having the most gorgeous fall weather!! It's perfect for going on walks and seeing the leaves that are just beginning to change into wonderful colors. I love fall!

The challenge at DRS Designs is "Leaf it to Me." I'm sure you can guess what you're suppose to do, that's right use leaves on your card. Here's mine:


I used the embedded embossed technique for the leaves. After punching them out, I added a tiny drop of glue, arranged them on the white panel and then ran it through the basket weave folder from Darice. It's becoming my new favorite go to EF! The sentiment was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, die cut, sponged on the edges with Old Olive ink and faux stitched with a brown gel pen while still in the die. I stamped the open leaf in Old Olive on top after stamping off once. Some layers of orange and Old Olive and a ribbon finish it off. We'd love to have you join in this week's challenge. You could be the lucky winner of 2 stamps from the DRS Designs on line catalog!! You can see details here.

I also have a card I created for this week's Merry Monday challenge. It's a Bingo challenge and I usually find those very fun to do. I really struggled with this card, though. Maybe because I was also trying to use yesterday's sketch challenge at Split Coast Stampers. Who knows? Here are Bingo choices. I went with the middle row: die cut, ribbon and kraft.

 

And here's my card:


The snowflake is my die cut. I used some red ribbon with kraft snowflakes and of course the kraft paper. The only stamping on this is the sentiment which is stamped in Handsome Hunter ink to go with the green on the DCWV DP. Once I decided with the dp, it came together quickly. The red panel was embossed with a Darice snowflake swirl panel.

Thanks for stopping by today.

shelia

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty snowflakes, Shelia! Love that ribbon too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, Sheilia! Love that beautiful snowflake ribbon - it's perfect for your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete