Monday, September 22, 2014

Favorite Veggie

Happy Monday everyone. This week DRS Designs is sponsoring the Fall Colors Challenge at Send a Smile For Kids. This is a great cause and they'd love to have you join them by creating cards for children and donating them. Kind of like Operation Write Home. You can check out their blog spot to learn more about this worthy cause. Here's the card I created.


 I created a hand drawn shaped card similar to this a few years ago, but wanted to try it with my nesties banner dies. I started with the card base and cut white CS with the largest banner die. Next I cut the scalloped banner out of orange CS and attached it to the white base with glue. With the glue it is easier to move the shape around to get it lined up perfectly. Next I die cut the white and yellow pieces with the largest banner die, cutting it off to create the bottom and top of the candy corn. The white piece was dry embossed with a swirls folder. The So Saffron piece was stamped with the Lines of Plenty stamp with VersaMark ink. In the middle I stamped the easy candy corn background with Pumpkin Pie ink. The sentiment was also stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink, corners punched and then sponged along the edges with the same ink. I stamped two candy corn pieces from the candy corn border, colored them with copics, fussy cut and attached them to the sentiment panel with glue dots. Some yellow bakers twine was added before attaching the sentiment panel with pop dots. Hope you like it.

 You can see details of this challenge here. Hope you can find some time to join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by today.
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Cut and original. Great kids card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. I really enjoy when I see someone use a die in a different way than was intended. It's a great use of supplies. Thank you for supporting our cause at Send a Smile 4 Kids. We do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat card! I saw it over at the SAS4Kids blog, and had to have a closer look. Great job with all the die cutting & stamping! Love how you thought outside the box with your dies. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete