Thursday, September 15, 2016

Challenges!

Today I have some cards to share that I created for specific challenges.  This week's challenge at DRS Designs is a color challenge. Here's the pallet of colors. Aren't they great for Halloween or Fall!


And here's my card.


I started by stamping the haunted house image with Versafine Black ink, embossed with clear EP and die cut with an oval. Next I used some gelatos to color in the moon, sky and house windows, then I used the same ovals to create the two pumpkin parts as well as the frame for the middle part. The vine is from Memory box, cut into pieces to fit where I wanted. The greeting was stamped with Versafine Black ink, die cut and sponged with SU Pumpkin Pie ink. Some CB folders were used to emboss the pumpkin and background. I like stamping the image inside the pumpkin. Hope you have time to join the fun at DRS Designs this week. You can see details here.

My next card is for two challenges:  Sketch Saturday and Addicted to CAS.
Addicted to CAS is a Harvest theme. I hope fall leaves fits for harvest. Whenever I think harvest I think pumpkins, apples and leaves changing color. Here's the sketch for Sketch Saturday.

Here's my card.


I started with the cream card base, stamped the silhouette leaves with Hero Arts Ombre ink. Stamped the greeting with Versafine Black ink, added the two layers and some rhinestones to complete the look. I really like the way this turned out.

My final card is another CAS card for this week's CAS on Sunday. The theme is Pastels.


I started with the pastel blue card base, punched the corners, added a white layer with punched corners, stamped the vertical greeting and then glued on the die cut butterflies along with their little bodies. I am not sure who makes this die. I die cut several of these at a friend's house and did not write down the name. I love the look of these cascading butterflies.

I've been out of the country, visiting my daughter and family for 3 weeks. It is great to be back to stamping!! Though I do miss my daughter and grandson. So thankful I could be there for his first birthday!! YEAH!!

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card with sweet colours!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ombre ink really made beautiful leaves.
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these. i haven't checked your beautiful site in so long. i love it!!! you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete