Monday, September 19, 2016

Family Portrait??

Happy Monday Everyone. A few weeks ago I was at a friend's house making cards. She had a ton of dies that belong to her sister in law and I die cut quite a few things, including this ornate frame. I don't know about you, but it reminds me of the types of frames that would be on old family portraits in mansions in old Vincent Price and Alfred Hitchcock movies. So I had to use it as a frame for a family portrait of the new zombies here at DRS Designs.


I started by stamping and masking the zombie crawler, then stamped and masked the guy zombie and last I stamped the zombie girl.  They were all colored with Copics.  I cut the "portrait" down to size and glued it into the black frame. The orange panel was embossed with a CB EF. I added the black strip for some variation. The half pearls were peach colored, so I used a Copic marker to color them orange. The Jack O lantern was created using an old paper punch. Not even sure who made it!

Here's a look at the inside.


Since there was no room on the front, I put the greeting on the inside and added some accent bats. This card goes with this week's color challenge at DRS Designs. You can see details here. We'd love to have you join in the fun.

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment