Monday, August 17, 2020

slim line cards

  Happy Monday Everyone. Trust you are staying safe and healthy during these rather difficult times. I don't know about you, but I'm having a hard time keeping straight what is happening. Our local schools were to open with in person classes, then it went to remote, now it looks like some will be remote and some in person. I really feel for our teachers and students right now. So many changes and cancellations. 

I've been working on Halloween cards for my grandkids. Kind of wonder if kids will even be able to do trick or treating. So I'm working on some special cards and gifts for them! Here's a card I made for my oldest granddaughter. I went with a slimline shaker card.



The die cut images are from a Spellbinders Large die of the month set from September 2018. I used three of the dies to cut out the black panel spacing them evenly. The Halloween greeting was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white EP. I added some foam tape to the back of the black panel and the in between spaces, added some black, orange and clear sequins and then attached the orange panel to the back. The completed panel was attached to the white card base.


My next card is also a slimline card, but not for Halloween. My father in law just celebrated his 98th birthday, Covid style, alone! This is the card I made for him. He really liked the long tall look.


The only stamping on this card is the splatter background which was stamped in two shades of blue ink. Everything else was die cut from blue CS to match the two blue inks in the background. Once the die cut pieces were added to the stamped panel I layered it onto a dark blue panel and then onto a light blue card base. I really like how this one turned out.

I haven't purchased any slimline dies yet, but these are so fun to make I'm seriously considering it.

Thanks for stopping by today. Stay safe and have fun stamping and creating!


blessings,

shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment