Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Christmas in July

Send a Smile for Kids is such a worthy cause and I do try to play along every so often. I think it's a challenge I really need to do more often. When I saw their challenge right now is Christmas in July, I had to play along. I enjoy creating Christmas cards the most of any card.


I started with a white card base, added a layer of red CS and then the holy print dp. I've had this dp for years. It's from a DCWV Christmas pack. Next I stamped the reindeer and North Pole sign onto the white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and die cut. It's also layered on the same red CS. For the square behind the reindeer square I used more DCWV DP and layered it on green CS. The Merry Christmas is part of a longer greeting. I just cut it apart so I can easily use just this line of the greeting. I can put it back together whenever I want the entire greeting. That's one think I love about stamps not being mounted on the wood blocks. Anyway, Merry Christmas was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detail white EP. I added a couple of button snowflakes. Lastly I added gold stickles to the reindeer's magic grain and some white stickles to the snow on top of the sign and on the ground beneath. I think a child would like this Christmas card.

This was created using this week's sketch design at Split Coast Stampers. Isn't it a great sketch?

You still have several days to join in this worthy challenge to bring a smile to a child who's sick and in the hospital!

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment