Monday, July 11, 2016

get well wishes

Hi Everyone! My card today features our new "Hang in There Monkey." In keeping with this week's Creative Piercing Challenge, I did some piercing around the main image. I'm not real creative with my paper piercing. And please don't look too closely, I didn't exactly pierce in straight lines!


I started by stamping the tree branch image onto white CS with Memento Black ink and then colored it with Copics. The little monkey was stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. The Hang in there greeting was stamped onto white CS and green CS, die cut and glued together with the brown x-stitch thread in between the layers. I used a square nestie to die cut the frame from green CS. The pierced border was added while the die was still in place. I used some strong adhesive to attach to the little monkey to the back top of the frame so he is actually hanging down. Next I attached foam adhesive strips all around the back of the green frame, being sure to catch the brown thread so it is hanging freely too. I stamped part of the under the weather greeting with Versafine Onyx ink on the bottom of the green frame and then attached it to the white panel with the colored branches. Once the card was all together, I decided to glue the thread to the monkey's hand so it looks like he is swinging onto it. The little sign can flip to the green side still.

There's still time to join in the piercing challenge. We'd love to see what you come up with. You can see details here.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment