Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Fixin' to have a Merry Christmas!


Today's card is one I created using this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Sketch Challenges are my favorite!  Here's the sketch. I turned the sketch sideways in order to make all my elements fit.


To begin I stamped the medium woven plaid piece onto green CS with black ink to make my buffalo plaid square. Next I stamped the Tool Christmas Stocking onto white CS, as well as some CS that I had covered with red ink. I fussy cut both, colored the tools with Copics and glued to two together. The greeting was stamped onto a white rectangle and the edges sponged with the same red ink as the stocking. The tools were die cut with a Taylored Expressions die set and added to the plaid panel with some tiny black brads. I haven't used brads in forever! The white panel was embossed with a Darice stars folder, layered onto green CS and then onto the white card base. Black CS and green glitter tape were used to create the two strips behind the main panel.

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia






5 comments:

  1. This is such a clever and unique design with all those great tools! What a super fun card for the Mr Fixit in your life! Thanks for sharing your great idea with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really clever and so cute, the adorable little tools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine Christmas card! Love the little tools!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun Christmas card! I love that you made the sketch work for your elements! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is great! Fantastic card for any handyman (or woman). Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete