Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Showers



This is for the weekly challenge at DRS Designs. This week is April Showers. DRS Designs just released this sentiment (391E) which is perfect for the challenge. I wanted to have a rainbow on my card, so I tried my hand at water coloring one. It isn't perfect, but I like the way it turned out. So I started with watercolor paper, used gelatos to create the rainbow, stamped the rain drops with Stazon Dove Gray ink, then stamped the greeting and umbrella in Stazon Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the umbrella again on white CS, colored it with Copics, fussy cut and added it to the panel for some dimension. Some sparkle was added to the handle and top of the umbrella with a Sakura Stardust pen. Some sequins were added to complete the look. Hope you like it.

We'd love to have you join in the fun this week. You can see details here.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment