Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Birthday

My youngest grandson turned 2 over the weekend and he loves pigs, so DRS Designs' new Birthday Party Pig was the perfect image for his card. I got the idea for this card design from the Spring 2015 Just Cards Magazine (page 18).


I started by stamping the Birthday Party Pig on white CS with Memento black ink, colored him with Copics and then fussy cut his body and the balloon. Next I stamped him again on the white card base and fussy cut around him, leaving a small border around the image and across the top of the card. I added some plain Bashful Blue CS to the inside of the card and a piece of the same CS that was stamped with the chevron background stamp in Ballet Blue ink to the front bottom. I punched a cupcake border with some darker blue paper and added it to the back of the front panel. Next I added the pig's body and balloon to the card with some glue and pop dots. The number 2 was created using my Cricut machine.


Part of the Multi Birthday Greeting was stamped with Ballet Blue ink on white CS, die cut and layered on the Bashful blue CS, then on the darker blue CS and placed on the top half of the inside of the card.  In the lower corner I added two candles from the birthday candle burst that were stamped, colored and fussy cut.

There is room on the inside to write a message and it won't show when the card is closed. I had fun creating this and will definitely try it again with other images.

Be sure to check out this week's challenge at DRS Designs. We'd love to have you join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by.
shelia

2 comments:

  1. These pigs are so cute. Great card. Thanks for your kind comments on my tail waggin card. Do let me know if you case it. Would love to see your take. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this! And you know Finn loves it too. He snorts when he sees it. 😘

    ReplyDelete