Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sympathy


This week's challenge at DRS Designs is "Put it in Neutral." I needed a sympathy card and decided to use gray and black for my neutral colors. I started with watercolor paper and used a gray gelato to color wash the background. It's pretty faint in the photo, but if you look close you can see it. The silhouette butterfly and sentiment were stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with black EP, then die cut. The black panel was die cut with a matching die then layered on a gray card base. Some small punched butterflies, rhinestones and a black bow complete the look.

Hope you can find some time to join in the challenge this week! We'd love to have you play along.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. Lovely sympathy card Shelia, I need to make several of them this weekend and this has inspired me. Great choices of dies and images. Hugz

    ReplyDelete