Monday, May 4, 2020

sending hugs and thanks


Happy Monday Everyone. Trust you had a good weekend and found some time to get creative. We had our warmest days yet here in NW Ohio this past weekend and I found myself outdoors as much as possible. I even took a nap on the deck swing Saturday afternoon. Of course it's cooling back down, but it was nice while it lasted. :-)

I've been working on some sending you hugs cards for my husband to send to folks from church who are in nursing homes. He usually visits them in person, but with the pandemic that is not possible. I went with a simple design since I needed to make 20+ cards for him.  I die cut the word hugs from some inked up glossy paper I made ages ago. I'm not even sure I remember how I did it, but I'm pretty sure I followed directions from a Jennifer McGuire blog entry. I know it's alcohol inks on glossy paper. Once the word hugs was glued onto the white die cut panel, I stamped the Sending you part of the Sending you happy thoughts greeting onto blue CS, die cut and added to the white panel as well, then attached the white panel to a matching blue card base.


This next card I created for our vet. A week or two into the pandemic our poor dog, Sahm tore her ACL on her back right leg and wasn't able to put any weight on it. I wasn't even sure if the vet was open, but fortunately they were. She ended up having surgery and is now starting to walk on that back leg again. Our vet lives in our neighborhood and if we happen to be walking by his house when he's outside he always stops us and checks on Sahm. So I wanted to send a thank you from Sahm to him.


The dog paw background image, Thank you greeting, dog bone image and small paw print image were all  stamped onto white CS with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo ink. Everything was layered onto some kraft CS. I added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer to the dog bone and paw print. It shows up nicely in real life. Inside I stamped the paw image for Sahm's signature. I didn't get a picture of that and the card is in the mail already. 

Thank you for stopping by today. I do hope you are staying safe and healthy.

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment