Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Monday, Merry Monday Challenge and ODBD Challenge

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. My husband was gone all weekend to a Men's Retreat, so it was just me and the dog. But I had lots of time to make cards!! For today I've made another Easter card using DRS Designs lovely Flower Trio (1036K) and Easter sentiment (1029D).



I stamped the image in the center of the white card stock, then used a mask and stamped the image two more times, once to the right and once to the left of the center flowers. I colored the image with copics and then sponged some Bashful Blue around the flowers. I layered the white panel on some yellow card stock and attached it to the pink card. I added a layer of green card stock that was punched with a grass border.  Finally a white layer was punched with the Martha Stewart fence border. I stamped Easter blessings on this layer. A sheer pink ribbon was added before the panel was attached to the card.


Here's a card I made for Lesley's (Always Playing with Paper) weekly Christmas Card Challenge. My husband give me the poinsettia dies for Christmas and I hadn't even opened them yet. So I decided to use them! They make a cute and quick card!! The only stamp on this is DRS Designs Merry Christmas (364B) stamped in Stazon Black on red CS. The dp is from the Paper Studio. I sponged SU real red ink and handsome hunter ink on the flowers and leaves. Rhinestones were added to the flower centers.


I also made a card this weekend for Our Daily Bread Design's challenge to make a card other than the standard square or rectangle. I went with a side step card using ODBD Get Well stamps.


I stamped the sentiment and Bible verse in Memento Cocoa ink. The CS and DP are DCWV. I used a grass border punch on the green CS. For the middle step I added some butterflies punched with a MS punch and some small flowers. Satin ribbon and some half pearls finish it off.

Hope you like these!

Until next time,
shelia

8 comments:

  1. Wow Sheila, such amazing masking here!!! What a pretty card for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards, especially the one for Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards!! I just love the side step card!! Great choice of sentiments and design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards... your card for the shining the light challenge is just so pretty!! thanks for playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas creation Sheila!! Thanks for joining me at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful creation for MM Challenge, Shelia!! I love your Daily Bread Challenge, too :) Hope you have a great weekend. Spring is just around the corner - woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas card is so pretty, I love the big poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete