Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #7

I didn't get to play in Lesley's Merry Monday Challenge last week, so I had to make sure I got a card created for this week. If you haven't played along, it's a great way to get those Christmas cards created ahead of time. I love getting a head start on my Christmas cards!! Check out Lesley's blog "Always Playing with Paper" for the details.

Here's the card I created for this week's challenge.


The image is a stamp a friend gave me a couple of years ago. It doesn't say who made it so I can't give credit to any one. I love this adorable image of baby Jesus in the manger. I enjoy creating all sorts of Christmas cards, but ones that illustrate the true reason for Christmas are my favorite!  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is a DRS Designs stamp. I used green, brown and white card stock and just a bit of DCWV Designer paper.  The image is colored with copics and mounted on the brown CS as is the sentiment. I added some brown CS punched with a MS border behind the DP, added a rafia bow and the card is complete.

until next time,
shelia

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love that image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this stamp and the colors! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring and colours Sheila! So happy you got to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card -- love the gift from your friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog -- I am so glad I found Lesley and her sketch challenges; have really been enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete