Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #8

Over at Lesley's blog (http://www.alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/) this week's sketch is pretty simple. I made a quick card. This week is really busy for me and I knew I had to get the card made today or it just wouldn't get done. So here's my take on this week's sketch.


I started with green card stock, added a strip of white lace to the right edge and then a panel of white card stock embossed with the CB snowflakes folder. The image, DRS Designs trees (876H) was stamped in Memento Black on white card stock, colored with Copics and layered on the same green.  I added some green gingham ribbon to finish it off.

And now I have another Christmas card ready for the 2012 season! I love having a head start on my cards. If you haven't checked out Lesley's blog, you should. It's a fun way to get those cards made ahead of time.

Until next time,
shelia

5 comments:

  1. Perfect holiday card, Sheila! Love the trees & your lace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love those trees and the ribbon. Thanks for playing along with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty use of lace on the side Sheila, and the monochromatic greens look great! I also love that gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you turned the sketch on its side, and that ski slope is the BEST image! So clean, so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete