Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SC374 and Faux Letterpress at SCS


I made this today for the sketch challenge at SCS stampers. I combined the sketch with Beate's tutorial on Faux LetterPress. I love the result. I must admit I had to try it several times. I have a CB and it just didn't cover the entire piece of CS. Finally I added an extra couple of pieces of CS to the "sandwich" and it worked! Yeah!! If you haven't tried this technique check out Beate's tutorial at Split Coast Stampers.

The image is DRS Designs Faith (1025G) stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves on white CS and layered on a green oval nestie. The background is the faux letterpress using a CB folder and the same Memento ink layered on the same Bazzill green CS. A satin ribbon and bow were added to complete the look. Hope you like it.

Until next time,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your visit to my blog and your nice comment! This card is lovely -- that satin ribbon is so pretty! I made several papers following this tutorial of Beate's. A group of ladies from my church get together once a month to make cards and this Sat. I am going to demonstrate the shaving cream background technique; I'll also take the pages I made yesterday to show them another way to make patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete